× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Frustrated by lack of knowledge

pugliaphotograp
Aspirant

Frustrated by lack of knowledge

Hi All
I am getting very frustrated by by inability to solve what I am sure is such a simple conundrum.

I have a 'NetGear WN3000RP' When I first plugged it in it worked within a few minutes and was fantastic.

Then I moved it and although I have spent many hours pressing various switches on both this unit and the NetGear DG8345 v5 router I can only get two of the lights to work.

The two that Light up are the first and third looking at the unit from the left.

The two small switches on the router are so small that it is impossible to know if they are on or off.

I am sure that there is a very, very simple way of sorting this.

Please be as simplistic as possible in your reply, my old grey cells aint wot they used to be..!!

Thanks in advance.
Gerry
Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Frustrated by lack of knowledge

Make sure you are using WPA, or WPA2 encryption on DGXX router settings.

WPA2 are most favorable
Message 2 of 4
pugliaphotograp
Aspirant

Hi
Thank you very much for your prompt response.

I am not at all sure that I fully understand your answer.

What is: DGXX router settings, and where will I find them.

My problem is that whilst I can use the computer and know how to switch it on and off, that is as far as my technical knowledge goes.

I am so worried just in case I do the wrong thing and then have to call in an expert.

I know it is asking a lot, but is it possible to let me have some easy to understand step by step instructions.

I would really appreciate it.

Thank you again.
Gerry
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Login the router - wireless setting

Use computer with Ethernet cable when you change wireless setting
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats