× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Get an EXT ending in the Extender SSID

ctclone3211
Tutor

Get an EXT ending in the Extender SSID

Just installed the Netgear Range Extender EX7300.  The WPS was used to connect to my WiFi network.  The regular WiFi bands were joined to the Range Extender for both the 2.4 & 5 GHz.

The issue is that the SSID for the standard bands and the extender bands have the exact same SSID.  In other words, the extender bands do not end in EXT.

I was unable to change this using the NETGEAR installation assistant.  I was able to get this by using the IP Address of the unit.  I was unable to make any changes because the values were already assigned and there was no offer to make changes.  I performed a reset and redid the WPS and obtained the same results.

How do I get the Extender ISP to show the EXT?

BTW, this extender really works!

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ctclone3211
Tutor

Re: Get an EXT ending in the Extender SSID

Thank you for the manual and the page reference.  On my previous EX6150v2 Extender, it was so common to get the EXT extension that when i made the switch and didn't see it, I thought something was missing.   Again, many thanks for directing me to the answer.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ctclone3211 - If you recently purchased the device, we recommend contacting our Support Team as your device is provided with 90 days of complimentary support. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

~Christian 

Message 2 of 6
ctclone3211
Tutor

Thank you for the repjly but when you go through the mywaifiext.net you do not get an opportunity to ask questions only the opportunity to get the extended service package.  My simple question is should there always be the _ext at the end.  In my case, the SSID was the same as the original 2.4 & 5 GHz.  This does not give me the opportunity to know which I am on, even if that is to matter or should it.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

ctclone3211 - There isn't always an _EXT at the end as enabling the One WiFi Name feature allows the extender to have the same SSID and password as the router. However, if you would like to change the SSID of your extender's networks you may refer to page 18 of the user manual linked below. 

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX7300/EX7300_UM_EN.pdf

~Christian 

Message 4 of 6
ctclone3211
Tutor

Thank you for the manual and the page reference.  On my previous EX6150v2 Extender, it was so common to get the EXT extension that when i made the switch and didn't see it, I thought something was missing.   Again, many thanks for directing me to the answer.

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi ctclone3211 - Sure thing! Have a great day!

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7