× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Getting my Extender to connect to my Wireless network as an Access Point

nrnoble
Aspirant

Getting my Extender to connect to my Wireless network as an Access Point

I'm a pretty competident when it comes to technology, so I'm not that relative that calls you every time something trivial happens and need you come over to fix it. I just needs a few suggestions on what I'm possibily not doing correctly.

Scenario:
I have a wired and wireless network. I wanted to create an wireless Access Point in my bedroom so I don't have to run a 100ft Ethernet cable into the bedroom.

I have RangeMax WiFi Range Extender WPN824EXT that I want to use as a wireless Access Point.

Current settings
Extender Settings (PDF file)

I have a typical Wirelesss home network using a Linksys WRT110 Wireless router.

Problem:
The Extender does not connect to the wireless network as currently configured as a repeater. It works when connected to the network using an Ethernet cable. Need to work by connecting to wireless network.

Q: Is there anything wrong with my Extender Settings for the WPN824EXT to work at as an Access Point?

Q: Do I need make any specific config changes to my base router so that the Access point can connect to the wireless network?
Message 1 of 4
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Getting my Extender to connect to my Wireless network as an Access Point

Are you using WEB for security? You should be. Try no security just to if it connects.
Message 2 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Also answered on duplicated thread

http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=87240
Message 3 of 4
nrnoble
Aspirant

jmizoguchi wrote:
Also answered on duplicated thread