× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Gifted netgear WiFi model R7300

Tree444
Follower

Gifted netgear WiFi model R7300

I received a WiFi router from my late aunt. She had set up the account on netgear and registered it under her name. I was going to try and change the password on the router but of course I do not have the username and password she used to register it. I read I can do a factory reset by pushing the reset button but it is already has the factory password and that is what I want to change. Thanks
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Gifted netgear WiFi model R7300

@Tree444 wrote:
I received a WiFi router from my late aunt. She had set up the account on netgear and registered it under her name. I was going to try and change the password on the router but of course I do not have the username and password she used to register it. I read I can do a factory reset by pushing the reset button but it is already has the factory password and that is what I want to change. Thanks

did you try the factory reset? The newer routers make you change the access to the router when you first log into them. 

I'd reset it. You don't know what she had setup for her settings and rather than go through and check everything, you could just start over from stock. Might save you a lot of headache in the future.

Push and hold reset while its powered on for 7-15 seconds. This should get it back to the default info and let you go through the setup process. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7