× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Glitchy issues with app on EX7700

Jimmyjive
Aspirant

Glitchy issues with app on EX7700

Hi everyone,
So this issue is a real headache, I’ll take you through it step by step.
Downloaded app
Followed instructions
Using iPhone 8. After countless tries onscreen keeps telling me I’m not connected to a provider. Please connect to netgear and try again. Unfortunately no netgear wifi choice shows up. Have tried reboot. Reset. All devices shutdown. Still nothing. I find the app to be very glitchy Then eventually I can connect my other devices to the net gear but then I cannot get internet on my phone. And my main router doesn’t recognise my password. I am using the right one and soon as I switch of the netgear extender my phone automatically joins my main router no problem. Please please give me the solution to this ad I’m almost at the stage of throwing the device out the window. Cheers
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Glitchy issues with app on EX7700

2. Things. 

1. Which version of the firmare are you using? I seen a lot of issues with version 1.0.0.210. There's a newer version out (recent) so i haven't had much feedback on it 1.0.0.216.  I do know the 1.0.0.206 was a solid firmware. Version. so if .210 or .216 give you issues, try the .206 firmware. I'd install over a hardwired connection and factory reset/clean install after any firmare change thats causing issues. 

2. Are you setting up using wps or using the installation assistant. I'm a huge fan of using the assistant over wps. WPS can get coded different and cause issues. 

What router are you connecting it to? 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7