× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Google services won't work while connected to EX7500

redwing497
Aspirant

Google services won't work while connected to EX7500

Hi All.  I'm having a strange problem.  While connected to the Nighthawk mesh extender, any Google Services on my Andriod phone and tablets will not work.  This includes the Play Store, my Google news feed, YouTube, YouTube Kids, etc.  If I turn Wifi off on my phone, everything works. Further, if I unplug the mesh extender and connect straight to my XR500 Router, everything also works fine.  Basically, this extender has been useless to me since I got it.  

Most websites and apps work fine, but anything related to Google does not work.  I'm finding it impossible to get in touch with Netgear support.  Anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band Wall Plug WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Google services won't work while connected to EX7500

Hi @redwing497,

Welcome to the community!

1. What is the firmware version of the extender?

2. Have you tried resetting the extender?

3. Does the issue persist on all your Android devices?

4. Are your devices able to go online when connected to the extender?

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 7
redwing497
Aspirant

Dexter. I don't know the firmware because i need to type in the IP address that my router is giving to the extender. I've reset it a bunch of times. I can get on websites, just no Google play, Google app, YouTube etc. Happens on my son's Android tablet as well.
Message 3 of 7
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @redwing497,

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox.

Regards,

Dexter
Community Team

Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@DexterJB @redwing497 I have this EXACT same problem! I have a Nvidia Shield Tablet, OnePlus 5T, OnePlus 6 and an Asus android tablet that all have this same issue with the exact same setup (XR500 with a Nighthawk X4S mesh). Unplug the extender, BOOM! Works! Disable wifi on any of my devices...WORKS! I as well cannot get a hold of Netgear and find it impossible to contact them via the website. This needs to be fixed, we've spent too much money for problems like this to exist.

Message 5 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

BTW, I have the latest firmwares on both the XR500 and the X4S. I've also opened a case but when I respond to the tech I get a NDR (Non Delivery Report) stating that my email did not reach it's intended destination.

Case No:40059363

Message 6 of 7
redwing497
Aspirant

@Retired_Member @DexterJB Sorry to hear you have the problem too.  I've solved it by pulling the useless X4S out of the wall outlet.  I now have a $100+ paperweight.  Haven't had the issue since I stopped using it.  Terrible purchase for me.

Message 7 of 7
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7