× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Guest Network on WNR2000

thierry8p
Guide

Guest Network on WNR2000

hi,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SETUP:
We have a WNR2000v2 router. We use it as a simple WIFI gateway. It is not our main router to Internet. FYI Our main router to Internet is a Linksys RV042.

NEED:
The WNR2000 has a GUEST NETWORK feature we would like to use. So that our customers could access the internet without accessing our network.

For now, because I unchecked "Allow guest to access My Local Network" it does not access anything at all. Most probably because the WNR2000 is not managing the internet connection, so it considers the RV042 to be within the network (connected on LAN port).

What are my options?

thanks!

Message 1 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Guest Network on WNR2000

Look at guest gate-Guest gate.com

Guenst network will be effective if used as primary. Doing double NAT still allow see subnet on linksys side is possible
Message 2 of 4
thierry8p
Guide

hi,
1-Are you pointing me to another router? (http://www.guestgate.com/)

2-what do you mean by "Doing double NAT still allow see subnet on linksys side is possible"

3-Would plugging the WAN of the WNR2000 into the DMZ of the Linksys RV042 do anything? Or would a setup in the RV042 firewall filter the guest SSIDs? I don't know I am trying to bring up ideas. 😉

thanks!
Message 3 of 4
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

1-Are you pointing me to another router? (http://www.guestgate.com/)

it's not a router. VLAN layer3 switch with wifi build-in.. look the manual etc at their site

2-what do you mean by "Doing double NAT still allow see subnet on linksys side is possible"

router back to back install

3-Would plugging the WAN of the WNR2000 into the DMZ of the Linksys RV042 do anything? Or would a setup in the RV042 firewall filter the guest SSIDs? I don't know I am trying to bring up ideas. 😉

DMZ does not isolate LAN network.. DMZ for WAN's firewall.
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7