× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Had the AC750 for a week and have already needed to restart router to maintain connection?

ewakama
Follower

Had the AC750 for a week and have already needed to restart router to maintain connection?

I bought this extender less than a week ago and at first it worked great. Then today suddenly my phone and computer could not access the internet. They both had full bars from the extender, and could connect to the extender, but could not access the internet. They could both access the internet directly from the router when I moved close enough, however, so I know the problem is with the extender. 

I unplugged the extender, then unplugged and replugged in the router and waited for it to boot up, then replugged in the extender, and everything worked fine. Unfortunatley the router is in my landlords house so I had to ask to enter his house and do this. I don't want to have to do this every five days. Please tell me: is there something else I can do to prevent this from happening again?

Model: EX6100|AC750 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Had the AC750 for a week and have already needed to restart router to maintain connection?

Hello ewakama

You could try changing the wireless channel on the router it sounds like the extender loses connection and then does not pick it back up. Also if you can try moving the extender closer to the routers location.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series