× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Hard wire AEX80 extender to RAX200 router?

RS200
Aspirant

Hard wire AEX80 extender to RAX200 router?

Hi, need a little help.

I want hard wire an AEX80 to a RAX200 router but the app only guides you through a wifi connection, is a hard wire possible? I have an ethernet connection between my router and a dead section of my home so thought this would create a more stable connection to the extender. I am not bothered if the extender is used on a mesh type connection or a seperate access point.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Dan

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

You can hardwired it in but you need to set it up using access point mode. 

The manual goes over access point mode. Page 17

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/eax80.aspx

Message 2 of 4
RS200
Aspirant

Thanks for the help i got it sorted but have a problem, i have a cat7 cable running from the RAX200 to the EAX80, about a 25m run, but the extendender doesnt recongnise the cable, i have to plug it into a switcher and then connect it to the extender. Problem it the switcher is not a gigabit one, if i use a gigabit switch it still does not recongnise it, crap cable maybe?

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Try just connecting the extender to the router with a known 6ft foot cable to see if it recognizes. Its an easy check to see if its a cable issue and the extenders move easily. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7