× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help! WN3000RP extender problem

dduck1953
Aspirant

Help! WN3000RP extender problem

I'm using the WN3000RP extender with a WNR2000 router. My problem is I have to reset the router EVERY day for the extender to allow my ipad to connect. My ipad shows I'm getting a strong signal with the extender, but no internet access. As soon as I reset the router, everything is fine, for a day, or less. Before adding the extender, I hardly ever had to reset the router. I have 2 laptops connecting with the router itself with no issues. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I called Netgear customer service and had the worst CS experience of my life. The gentleman I spoke to actually told me I didn't have a problem, sounded like everything was working fine. After 30 minutes of arguing, I finally agreed with him and hung up. Again, any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 2

Re: Help! WN3000RP extender problem

I had a similar problem. The extender died and I spent 3 hours going through dropped calls and testing procedures before they agreed that the the extender had died. It gets better. They tell me that if I send them the extender, they will send me a return mailer. The mailer never came. I called back again, I needed to pay the $16 to mail it. And now I find that after mailing this $65.00 unit back to them..(they gave me a wrong zip code) now they are sending the replacement unit COD postage......AMAZING...! I sense that that because they have the corner on this retail market....they don't care...! I promised them I would tell everyone one I could about this experience, it's really all I can do...!
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7