× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help determining best extender for R6700v3

Late4breakfast
Follower

Help determining best extender for R6700v3

Hi all,
Been working from home and having some connection issues. My home has a large brick chimney in the middle that dampens any wifi signals and there’s no convenient place to put the router nearby so there is always a room that’s on the “wrong” side of the chimney from the router.

I have remote access to my work desktop and I find that while I’m remoting in there is significant lag because the wifi signal tends to drop to two bars. My home office is pretty much the furthest point from the router. I don’t do any heavy lifting over the wifi, just accessing docs and PDFs that I need to review. I’m only concerned with bumping up the signal in the office to a full signal and as a bonus, the room next to it which has the second worst signal in the house. Which extenders will give me the most bang for my buck?

Thanks for your help.
Model: CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem, R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Help determining best extender for R6700v3

I'm a fan of the triband extenders. They use a dedicated backhaul for lower latency and higher speeds. They tend to be a bit more stable in my experience because of these facts. 

Triband extenders: EX7500, EX7700, EX8000, RBS40v (has an extender mode and also tends to be cheaper than the others)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7