× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help me choose an Access Point: Netgear R7000, EX7000, or OTHERS?

Hiner
Follower

Help me choose an Access Point: Netgear R7000, EX7000, or OTHERS?

Hi there. 

I have a Netgear R7000 as my home's router. 

I now want to have an additional Access Point in my room, to connect to devices via Ethernet LAN / AC Wifi. 

I wanna get another Netgear product as the AP.

I'll connect it to my R7000 via Cat.6 Ethernet cable (already installed in walls)

I'm a bit undecided: Netgear R7000 (AP mode), Netgear EX7000, or others?

Please help me out. 

My home's network setup

(Here, "=====" means Cat.6 Ethernet Cable Connection)

Modem(1000M fibre-to-home broadband) ===== Netgear R7000 (Router) ===== to-be-bought Wifi Access Point (in my room)

My requirements for the AP: (1 is most important, 2 is secondary, and so on)

1) The fastest possible Ethernet LAN, because I'll connect my Desktop PC to this AP via Cat.6 Ethernet cable to get the most out of 1000M Broadband. 

2) Good Wifi ability. AC Wifi is a must (I'll have <5 Wifi devices connected to this AP, not too many)

3) Can stand up, put in an erected position. 

4) Good price-performance ratio

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
arunkmony
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Help me choose an Access Point: Netgear R7000, EX7000, or OTHERS?

Hi @Hiner,

Have you considered an EX8000 as one of your options? EX8000 can be configured as a Tri-Band Access point with combined speeds upto AC3000. Furthermore, in this mode, you could set all three bands to same SSID and enjoy Smart Connect and better roaming experience. Please visit http://www.netgear.com/landings/ex8000/ for more details. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7