× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help required with WiFi Range Extenders and Wireless Access Points.

Masked_Avenger
Follower

Help required with WiFi Range Extenders and Wireless Access Points.

I have my WiFi network set-up OK in my home but I would like to extend the WiFi connection to my Workshop. At the moment I only get a very weak signal in the workshop so I have purchased a Netgear EX2700 (N300) WiFi range extender and installed it half way between my wireless router (Dreytek Vigor 2760) and the workshop and now I have a decent signal in there.

In the workshop I would like to have a few wired ethernet points and have already got a Netgear WG602 v4 Wireless Access Point. Can I use this to receive the WiFi signal from the range extender and translate this to the WG602's ethernet port? I would then connect this to a 6 port switch for distribution around the workshop.

If this is possible can anyone explain the set-up procedure please?

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
jvasanth1984
Virtuoso

Re: Help required with WiFi Range Extenders and Wireless Access Points.

Hi @Masked_Avenger,

I don't see an option where your WG602v4 can receive signals from extender. Rather, you can put another extender and have your switch wired to it or a desktop extender like EX6200, EX7000 and EX8000 which has more LAN ports. But performance may dip since it is going to cross multiple devices.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7