× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Help with Set up

FPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Help with Set up

Hi All,  I just purchased an older AC1900 Extender EX7000.  I have tried to setup it up with no luck.

I followed https://kb.netgear.com/26079/Install-EX7000-as-a-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender

At step one I do not see NETGEAR_EXT.

I have tried wireless, wired and 2 different computers, both of which are windows 10.

Help,

Fernando

Model: EX7000|AC1900 Nighthawk WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Help with Set up

@FPP wrote:

Hi All,  I just purchased an older AC1900 Extender EX7000.  I have tried to setup it up with no luck.

I followed https://kb.netgear.com/26079/Install-EX7000-as-a-Wi-Fi-Range-Extender

At step one I do not see NETGEAR_EXT.

I have tried wireless, wired and 2 different computers, both of which are windows 10.

Help,

Fernando

maybe it was setup prior.

start with factory resetting it. while powered on, push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds. the lights should blink when its been held long enough. 

Then follow the setup guide. I've linked to the support site that has the written guide and a video walk through that you can watch. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7000.aspx

Message 2 of 8
FPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you the info.  I have done several factory resets.  The video that was suggested shows select NETGEAR_EXT from the network connection as a step.  I never see that connection.  I only see my current router (and a few neighbours).

Fernando

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

what region are you in? 

Are you able to access the extender if you hardwire into it for setup? 

What are the led's on the front of the extender doing? color/solid/blinking/etc. 

What router are you connecting to? 

Firmware on the extender (if known)

Message 4 of 8
FPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Region: I live in Ontario, Canada.

Hardwire: No I do not see the router if use an Ethernet cable.  

Led's: The led's appear to yellow for the top 3 and blank for the numbers

Router If you mean my router/modem, I have Bell Hub 1000.  It works perfectly.

Firmware: Sorry I do not know the firware version of the extender.

Fernando

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

@FPP wrote:

Region: I live in Ontario, Canada.----is the extender setup with the canadian region? 

Hardwire: No I do not see the router if use an Ethernet cable.  ----be more specific. do you mean you can't access the extender using an ethernet cable, do you mean during setup you can't see the routers wifi, what exactly do you mean? 

Led's: The led's appear to yellow for the top 3 and blank for the numbers----the 3 led lights are green, amber, red. What color is it? 

Firmware: Sorry I do not know the firware version of the extender.-----when you log into the extender, top right or the status page will have firmware number. 

Fernando

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7000.aspx

Message 6 of 8
FPP
Aspirant
Aspirant

Region: I live in Ontario, Canada.----is the extender setup with the canadian region? 

The person that I purchased it was from Canada so I would say yes.

Hardwire: No I do not see the router if use an Ethernet cable.  ----be more specific. do you mean you can't access the extender using an ethernet cable, do you mean during setup you can't see the routers wifi, what exactly do you mean? 

I mean that when I plug the extender to my computer via a cable I do not see NETGEAR_EXT on my list of networks available.

Led's: The led's appear to yellow for the top 3 and blank for the numbers----the 3 led lights are green, amber, red. What color is it?

The 3 lights are amber.

Firmware: Sorry I do not know the firware version of the extender.-----when you log into the extender, top right or the status page will have firmware number. 

I can not login into the extender since I can not connect to it.

CM1100->RAX200->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

@FPP wrote:

The person that I purchased it was from Canada so I would say yes.----better to check it than trust someone else. 

Hardwire: No I do not see the router if use an Ethernet cable.  ----be more specific. do you mean you can't access the extender using an ethernet cable, do you mean during setup you can't see the routers wifi, what exactly do you mean? 

I mean that when I plug the extender to my computer via a cable I do not see NETGEAR_EXT on my list of networks available.----If its plugged in, it should be functioning over the ethernet connection. you should need to "see" anything on the list of networks. you should just be able to hardwire into the extender and access it like you're connecting wirelessly. Turn of the wireless on the device you're using so that device doesn't connect to both the extender and the router at the same time. 

The 3 lights are amber.

I can not login into the extender since I can not connect to it.----if you're hardwired into it, you connected to it. 

CM1100->RAX200->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7