× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How do I change the connected router?/ Wie ändere ich den verbundenen Router?

AniFi
Aspirant

How do I change the connected router?/ Wie ändere ich den verbundenen Router?

### german below ###

Hey guys,

for a start, I am sorry because I am not really fit in things like this:

My original problem was that we had really bad wifi at home. It turned out that there are too many APs in our direct neighbourhood to connect with 2,4 GHz, thats why we splitted our wifi connection into one 2,4 GHz and one 5 GHz connection (which allowed us to ONLY connect with the better 5GHz wifi). But now the problem was that the 5GHz did not cover all of our flat, thats why I just bought the Netgear Repeater.

I connected the Repeater with the WPS function of our router, 2 times (so now we have a 2GEXT and a 5GEXT option).

But now the problem is that the repeater did only connect with the 2,4GHz-wifi-connection, so now Ive got a 2,4GHz_2GEXT-connection as well as a 2,4GHz-5GEXT connection. But what I really needed was to expand the reach of our 5 GHz wifi. I tried, but I wasnt able to find out how I could ONLY connect the 5GHZ-wifi-option with the repeater and to delete the 2,4 GHz connection.Could you please help me? As I already told you, I actually have no idea about such things and have now reached the point where I really do not know what to do next.

Thank you a lot in advance!

AFI

Hei Leute,

jetzt noch einmal auf Deutsch, vielleicht ist ja jemand von euch dabei, der mir hier helfen kann. Ich bin wirklich nicht sonderlich fit in solchen Sachen und habe mich schon sehr in die ganze Thematik "WLAN" reingefuchst - jetzt bin ich aber langsam endgültig mit meinem Latein am Ende.

Urspünglich hatten wir einfach sehr schlechtes Internet. Nach einem Telefonat mit unserem Anbieter stellte sich heraus, dass in unserer Reichweite von 2,4 GHz zu viele andere AP existieren, sodass wir unseren WLAN-Zugang gesplittet haben. Jetzt haben wir einen besseren 5-GHz-Zugang und einen nur begrenzt brauchbaren 2,4GHz-Zugang. Problem war dann natürlich, dass die Reichweite des brauchbaren 5GHz-Zugangs nicht ausreichte, um die gesamte Wohnung abzudecken.Daher habe ich diesen Netgear-Repeater gekauft.

Jetzt allerdings hat sich bei der Verbindung von Router mit Repeater per WPS nur der 2,4 GHz-Zugang mit dem Repeater connected - genau das brauche ich ja aber gar nicht. Ich habe jetzte eine 2,4GHz_2GEXT-connection und eine 2,4GHz-5GEXT-connection - dabei wollte ich doch eigentlich die Reichweite unseres 5GHz-Zugangs erweitern. Es hat allerdings nicht funktioniert, die Konfiguration zu verändern - ja, und hier schließt meine Frage an: Weiß einer von euch, wie ich den bestehenden Zugang wieder löschen und meinen Repeater AUSSCHLIEßLICH und GEZIELT nur mit dem 5 GHZ-Zugang verbinden kann?

Liebe Grüße

AFI

Model: EX6110|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do I change the connected router?/ Wie ändere ich den verbundenen Router?

Hi @AniFi, welcome to the community. We recommend resetting the extender back to factory settings and go through the setup via the installation wizard instead of WPS. During the setup, you can select the option to connect the extender to either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz (or both) signal of the router and select the option to broadcast either the extended 2.4GHz or 5GHz (or both) signal from the extender. The user manual and installation guide are linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_QSG_EN.pdf

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_UM_EN.pdf

Dexter

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How do I change the connected router?/ Wie ändere ich den verbundenen Router?

Hi @AniFi, welcome to the community. We recommend resetting the extender back to factory settings and go through the setup via the installation wizard instead of WPS. During the setup, you can select the option to connect the extender to either the 2.4GHz or 5GHz (or both) signal of the router and select the option to broadcast either the extended 2.4GHz or 5GHz (or both) signal from the extender. The user manual and installation guide are linked below.

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_QSG_EN.pdf

http://www.downloads.netgear.com/files/GDC/EX6110/EX6110_UM_EN.pdf

Dexter

Message 2 of 3
AniFi
Aspirant

Thank you very much!

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7