× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How do I change the network name of an extender EX2700?

MissMick
Tutor

How do I change the network name of an extender EX2700?

How do I change the network name of an extender EX2700? I do not know the IP address, and cannot connect to the Netgear setup via the "my wifi ext dot net" address.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

use the browser and go to 192.168.100.1

that'll get you to the c6250

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 10

All Replies
plemans
Guru

You'll need to log into your router and find its attached devices page (or equivelent).

From there it should have the extenders IP address that you can log into it with

Message 2 of 10
MissMick
Tutor

Thank you, but I don't know how to log into my router. I've gone through the instruciton manual several times, and can't figure it out. I cannot  access the router via wifi, and I've tried all of the urls as instructed in the manual.

Model: C6250|AC1600 WiFi Cable Modem Router, EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 3 of 10
plemans
Guru

@MissMick wrote:

Thank you, but I don't know how to log into my router.----I would have no idea as you haven't even said what model router you have. 

I've gone through the instruciton manual several times, and can't figure it out.---manual for the extender? For the router? what router is it? is it supplied by an Isp? is it a 3rd party device? I cannot  access the router via wifi,-----that'd be a router issue and not an extender issue. I'd try getting your router functioning first and figure out how everything works on it before adding devices to it.  and I've tried all of the urls as instructed in the manual.

Message 4 of 10
MissMick
Tutor

I have a Netgear C6250 router. It is functioning perfectly well. I am always referring to the manuals that came with the extender and the router.

My original desire was to simply change the name of one of my extenders, EX2700, but I can't even access the Netetgear genie to do this.

Message 5 of 10
plemans
Guru

use the browser and go to 192.168.100.1

that'll get you to the c6250

Message 6 of 10
MissMick
Tutor

Thank you. But as I've already mentioned, NONE of the usual urls works for me—not any version of this this, not routerlogin.net, not mywifi.net or mywifi.com. None of them work.

Message 7 of 10
plemans
Guru

Did you try the ip address I gave you?
Message 8 of 10
MissMick
Tutor

The address 192.168.100.1 finally did take me to the router sign-in! After some muddling around and resetting of devices, I finally was able to perform the task I originally wanted to—simply changing the extender's name.

Thank you for your patience and continuing to hang in there with me to fix this!

Message 9 of 10
plemans
Guru

glad it worked!

Message 10 of 10
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7