× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How enable Seamless Roaming? - EX6100v2

edrizz
Tutor

How enable Seamless Roaming? - EX6100v2

I just purchased an EX6100v2 extender.  Says it supports "Seamless Roaming with One WiFi Name". Just trying to find out how to enable this feature and if there are any special requirements (certain routers, etc.).  Just spent a long time on phone support but the rep did not know anything about this feature.  They said that all extenders work the same way and they do not seamlesly roam between the router and extender with the same WiFi name.  Any help is appreciated!

Model: EX6100|AC750 Dual Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
edrizz
Tutor

Re: How enable Seamless Roaming? - EX6100v2

Even though when I ran firmware check it said I had the latest version, I went to the product page and downloaded the V1.0.1.86 version.  Once installed, I now get the "enable one wifi name" option in the set-up.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
plemans
Guru

The EX6100v2 just got the mesh option on the latest firmware upgrade 1.0.1.86

What version are you on? 

It doesn't look like the guides have been updated. 

And seamless roaming is a bit of stretch. It allows the device's (phone, tablet, etc) own roaming spec's to control when it switches from router to extender. There isn't an integrated controller running it. 

Message 2 of 5
edrizz
Tutor

Thanks for the reply.  It says I have firmware version V1.0.1.76 but when I select update firmware it says that I have the latest version.

Message 3 of 5
edrizz
Tutor

Even though when I ran firmware check it said I had the latest version, I went to the product page and downloaded the V1.0.1.86 version.  Once installed, I now get the "enable one wifi name" option in the set-up.  Thanks!

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear you go it up and running! 

Sad that support didn't know to check to see if you were on the firmware supporting mesh function 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7