× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a AC750 (EX3700) wifi extender?

MauMen
Tutor

How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a AC750 (EX3700) wifi extender?

Hello, I need to know the maximum number of wifi devices I can connect to AC750 EX3700 WiFi Network Extender.

The problem is not the bandwitdh because devices are wifi controlled led bulbs, so very few data transferred. The problem is to keep all them (up to 25) permanently connected.

I know some low cost wifi routers limit to 16 or less devices (bad...)

I see Netgear wifi home routers can connect up to 32 devices (good!)

Does anyone know if even the wifi extenders like EX3700 support up to 32 devices?

Thank you!!!

BR

Mau

Model: EX3700|N600 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a AC750 (EX3700) wifi extender?

Hi MauMen - There is no software limitation. This shouldn't be an issue as long as the lights are within range and receiving IP's.

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: How many clients can you connect wirelessly to a AC750 (EX3700) wifi extender?

Hello Maumen - Factors such as the type of devices connected, distance from extender, and building structure play a role. You may have up to 8-15 clients as it varies. You may want to check out some of our tri-band nighthawk mesh extenders. 

https://www.netgear.com/home/products/networking/wifi-range-extenders/

~Christian 

Message 2 of 6
MauMen
Tutor

Hi Christian, thanks for your prompt answer.

The connected devices are wireless controlled LED lights working with 2.4Ghz wifi band only (Magic Home wifi led drivers). They get simple commands like turn light on/off, dim, set color... so there is absolutely no bandwidth problem. 

I need to connect 25 of them in a room, few meters from the wifi access point.

I found some wifi routers from other vendors are limited to 16 devices.

I found Netgear declares his home wifi routers support up to 32 devices.

What I ask is simple: I need to know if EX3700 wifi extender/access point has a sw limitation on the number of simultaneus wifi connected devices, using 2.4Ghz band only.

Thanks!

Best Regards

Mau

Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi MauMen - There is no software limitation. This shouldn't be an issue as long as the lights are within range and receiving IP's.

~Christian 

Message 4 of 6
MauMen
Tutor

Thanks Christian, perfect!

I'm ordering one right now, soon I'll try it.

Best Regards

Maurizio

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

MauMen - Glad to hear! Feel free to reach out to the Community if you have any questions! 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7