× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to add Guest password for Netgear N300 wifi range extender model WN3000RP

Maniev
Tutor

How to add Guest password for Netgear N300 wifi range extender model WN3000RP

Hi, I set up the new Netgear N300 wifi range extender model WN3000RP. I did this primarily to provide better signal for my guests who stay in a room away from the main router. I can connect to the extender using my router password. But I need to provide a different password to my guests. I searched the community, Google and the manual. All the answers keep talking about changing password on  http://myWiFiext.net but that's not the extender password. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Model: WN3000RP|Universal WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Maniev
Tutor

Re: How to add Guest password for Netgear N300 wifi range extender model WN3000RP

I figured this out. The extender settings had an option to assign different password for guest, so they are now using the same network, but with a different password. 

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
netwrks
Master

The Guest WIFI configuration would be set up on your Base Router, not on the extender (the extender only extends your base routers network and configuration).  Configure on your base router and then test your setup.

Message 2 of 6
Maniev
Tutor

Thanks. I did set up the guest wifi on base router, but that has the same low strength signal in the room. That is the reason I added the extender for guests. How do I make the extender extend the guest wifi network, so that guests can use the guest password?

Message 3 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Hello Maniev

If you are using your extender to extend your main network you would need a second extender to extend the guest wifi network.

DarrenM

Message 4 of 6
Maniev
Tutor

I figured this out. The extender settings had an option to assign different password for guest, so they are now using the same network, but with a different password. 

Message 5 of 6
FIBREOP474
Aspirant

FBREOP474   ON NO OPNE AND PASS KEY

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7