× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: How to connect to NETGEAR - Nighthawk X4 AC2200 extender after it's on the network

filbert13
Aspirant

How to connect to NETGEAR - Nighthawk X4 AC2200 extender after it's on the network

I have a netgear nighthawk AC2200 and connected to the network. It is broadcasting my 2.4 but I didn't have my 5hz broadcasting. I now have 5hz broadcasting but I'm not able to connect to the nighthawk via the app to have it extend the range of that wireless. 

Message 1 of 6
plemans
Guru

Re: How to connect to NETGEAR - Nighthawk X4 AC2200 extender after it's on the network

1. what actual extender is it? AC2200 is a speed, not a model.

2. what router is it connected to? 

3. is it setup using its mesh configuration (same ssid)?

4. What method of setup did you use? WPS or the installation assistant?

Message 2 of 6
filbert13
Aspirant

1. what actual extender is it? AC2200 is a speed, not a model.

Model:EX7300-100NAS

2. what router is it connected to? 

It is connected to my 2.4 wifi on extender mode

3. is it setup using its mesh configuration (same ssid)?

Yes

4. What method of setup did you use? WPS or the installation assistant?

I used the Installation assistant. The Nighthawk App. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I setup the extender I didn't have the 5hz enabled, but now do. So in the setup I had skipped extending the 5hz but wish to now. I'm not sure how to reconnect to the extender. If I use the app it doesn't find it (since it's looking for the wifi it puts out before you have it mesh). Is there an IP it is assigned I can connect to? Or a why to just reset it to factory so I can just go through the app again and extend both 2.4 and 5?

Message 3 of 6
plemans
Guru

the EX7300 has a fastlane mode where it can use the 2.4ghz as the router---extender communication link. But my understanding of that device is that you'd need a 5ghz network to connect it to to extend. 

Message 4 of 6
filbert13
Aspirant

I have both. The issue was I didn't have 5hz on during extender setup so I skipped extending it. I have 5hz setup now and wish to have it extend both, which it can. I just don't know how to log into the device or reset it to reconfigure it.
Message 5 of 6
plemans
Guru

Factory reset it. Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

then just follow the installation guide. 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7