How to install the EX2700 via WPS
- Place the extender in the same room as the Wi-Fi Router.
- Make sure you have a live internet connection coming from the main router. Also, make sure that the router is WPS capable.
Note: WPS does not support WEP Security. Change the security of your main router to WPA2-PSK(AES) for optimal performance.
- Plug the extender into an electrical outlet and wait for the Power LED to become stable. If it does not turn ON, press the On/Off button on the side panel of the extender.
- Press the WPS button for about 2 seconds on the side panel of the extender. The WPS LED blinks.
- Within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your main router.
- The WPS LED on the Extender should turn to solid green and the Router Link LED should also turn solid green to show that your EXT is connected to your main network.
- Move the extender to your preferred location but make sure it is in between the router and the wireless devices to aquire a good signal. See What is the best position to place my EX2700 in my current network setup?
- You can now connect your wireless devices to the Extender’s new SSID. The extender’s wireless network name (SSID) changed to your existing WiFi network name with “_EXT” at the end.
The password to be used will be the same Wi-Fi password on your main router.
- Existing WiFi Network name (SSID): MyHomeNetwork
- New Extender WiFi Network name (SSID): MyHomeNetwork_EXT
Note: If your wireless devices has a WPS feature; press the WPS button on the EXT and within 2 minutes, press the WPS button on your wireless device to instantly connect them without typing the wireless password.