× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to prorperly use mesh system AX1800

Emanres
Aspirant

How to prorperly use mesh system AX1800

I am struggling to set up a wireless home network. My cable modem (Model C6900) is in my office, and my smart TV is in my living room, which is about 55 feet away. I was able to measure with a fabric tape because it it almost a straight shot (line of sight).

Previously I was using a Netgear AC1900 WiFi Cable Modem Router ( Model C6900) in conjunction with a Netgear nighthawk AC 1750 Router (Model R6700 v3). The R6700 was in my living room and connected to the C6900 via an Ethernet cable which runs through the attic, above the hallway which connects my office and living room. This set up did provide good signal strength through the house, but having to switch between SSID's as we roamed the house was inconvenient, so I purchased the Nighthawk Mesh WiFI 6 System.

I placed the Mesh 6 Router next to my C6900 cable modem and connected the cable modem and router via ethernet. I placed the Mesh 6 satellite in the living room where my nighthawk R6700 had been previously.

I have a few issues with the network.

1. While casting video to my smart TV over the network, I lose connection frequntly. This never happened before upgrading the the mesh system.

2. Both my wife and I, on separate occasions, had full signal strength to the network, but no internet access, and had to restart to correct the issue.

3. Several times I have seen the signal strength indicator in my system tray drop down to 3/4 bars, while my PC was sitting only 12 feet from the mesh router.

I disabled my cable modem from broadcasting SSID'S by pressing the button on the front. I though there might be an issue with interfreance.

Message 1 of 1
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7