× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup 2 AC750 (EX3700) extenders

specialk3117
Aspirant

How to setup 2 AC750 (EX3700) extenders

I have two AC750 (EX3700) extenders which are both connected to my ASUS RT-AC3200 router.  The extenders work fine with default settings. But if I configure fast lane, where both extenders connect to router using 2.4ghz band and my clients connect at 5ghz, then i dont get internet.  But if I remove one of the extenders, then the one that is still connected will work with internet access. I also tried reversing the fast lane on one extender (5ghz to router and 2.4 to client) and they work great that way. The issue arises when they both use the same fast lane connection configuration.  The two extenders and my router are all configured with different SSID's (three ssid's). Is there a conflict with the device name or something else I'am missing here?

Message 1 of 3
specialk3117
Aspirant

Re: How to setup 2 AC750 (EX3700) extenders

After some additional research, it seems that my router may need a setting changed.  Whichever extender connects first to router on same band, then that extender wins and gives access, the other extender never gets an ip.  Two extenders on different bands works fine (ie 2.4 and 5ghz) but same band conflict. What needs to be done to fix this?

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: How to setup 2 AC750 (EX3700) extenders

Have you tried to reserve the IP address of the extenders in the routers settings?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7