× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to setup WN3000RP wireless extender

slowtolearn
Novice

How to setup WN3000RP wireless extender

I have had no luck setting up the extender. I have an older D-Link router and a computer with Windows 7. I initiated the extender by linking to it through the computer. The directions said that if I open a browser window I would get to the setup wizard, but that did not happen. The fix was to just type in www.mywifiext.net into the browser, but again no luck getting to the wizard. Can anyone suggest the next step?
Message 1 of 7
xXxDieselxXx
Observer

Re: How to setup WN3000RP wireless extender

slowtolearn wrote:
I have had no luck setting up the extender. I have an older D-Link router and a computer with Windows 7. I initiated the extender by linking to it through the computer. The directions said that if I open a browser window I would get to the setup wizard, but that did not happen. The fix was to just type in www.mywifiext.net into the browser, but again no luck getting to the wizard. Can anyone suggest the next step?

Hi,

I just setup mine yesterday and had the same issue. The www.mywifiext.net did not work for me so I had to go via IP Address.

Check in your main router what's the IP of the extender then just go to your browser and type in the address and hit enter. That should take you to the main menu.

Hopefully this will help.
Message 2 of 7
slowtolearn
Novice

Thanks...seems to have worked in getting my tv to recognize my extender, however my computer doesn't recognize it anymore. I can't figure that out since I set it up through my computer.
Message 3 of 7
carlo67
Aspirant

where I can find the the IP of the extender ?
Message 4 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

you do not need know the IP of the extender to access.

have pc connected to the extender and by typing mywifiext.com should bring up the interface

How do I change my setup after the Extender is up and running?

Make sure you are on a PC that is connected to the Extender network and your PC is configured as DHCP client mode. In your browser, type the URL http://www.mywifiext.net. If you still cannot access the Extender, close your browser. Then open a new browser and type the URL http://www.mywifiext.net.

you can google angry ip scanner and scan your network if you have difficult finding your extender. you may need to scan outside of the subnet .

also extender should be on DHCP client so likely that it is on your existing network if you were already connected the extender to your existing wireless network.
Message 5 of 7
EXTENDER
Aspirant

I GET THIS OVER AND OVER - PLEASE HELP

Move Extender closer to your existing router or gateway.

The selected network is no longer available. Please make sure the existing network equipment is within the proximity of the Extender.

If you have Access Control List (ACL) enabled in your router, please make sure you have added below MAC address into your router's Access Control List (ACL).

The Extender MAC address is 20:4E:7F:9A:F1:BE
Your wireless adapter MAC address is 02:1B:2F:BB:45:E5
Message 6 of 7
eddybaby
Aspirant

me too :confused:

I'm trying to extend the range of my Huawei Hotshot wireless modem from O2 using this extender but end up with same message.
I did read a post on the O2 forum's moderater which read "The hotshot cannot be configured to use wireless over a longer distance unfortunately." but I didn't see that before I bought the exender so it looks like a trip back to the shop to return.
Pity - it did show promise to begin with, but what ever parameters I try to adjust (both on the extender and hotshot (using 2 computers)) I can't get the internet connection at the end.

Ah well.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7