× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

How to test your connection with an Extender 7300

ctclone3211
Tutor

How to test your connection with an Extender 7300

I just install a new router and added a Netgear Range Extender EX7300.  All the lights on the Extender are green after using WPS to install the 2.4+5GHz.  I went to mywifiext.net and received a message that I was not connected to your extender's WiFi network.

My WiFi signals do not indicate any WiFi with an .ext at the end. 

It appeared that the WPS connection were successful but the message that I was not connected to the WiFi extenders network leaves me with the question which is how do I get connected to the extenders network?

Constantly tried the mywifiext.net and got nothing.  Tried using an Ethernet cable and also could not make a connection.

Please what can I do to insure that my extender is properly installed?

And what can I do to test those unknown extensions to see what there WiFi signal is producing?

Model: EX7300v2|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 1 of 2
ctclone3211
Tutor

Re: How to test your connection with an Extender 7300

After using the WPS for the extender and locating it away from the router, it is green everywhere. Yet I am bothered by the fact that I can not find it's IP Adress on any of the search that I made using apps that do Wireless Network searches.

Model: EX7300|AC2200 Nighthawk X4 WiFi Mesh Extender
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7