× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I Need HELP!!!

SpaceTheory
Aspirant

I Need HELP!!!

I need help please, I am a stupid teen who f****d up something...to sum everything up I basically had a router that didn't really work well, it connected to the wifi but it was really slow so i went into manage router on my phone and looked around and found a thing called router mode, i switched it from on to off and the wifi is completely gone, what do I do???
Message 1 of 7
plemans
Guru

Re: I Need HELP!!!

1. Model number helps. What model is it? firmware on it?

More than likely you either switched a combo device over to modem only or you switched a router over to access point mode (shouldn't have lost wifi if you did this. Without knowing specific model the fastest way to fix it would be to reset it back to factory (hold reset button 7-10 seconds) and reinstall the device from factory.  If you get back to us with a model number we can probably avoid the factory reset. Might take you longer though. 🙂 

You can go to netgear.com/support/    and put in your model number. It'll have a manual, firmware, and installation instructions for your model. 

Message 2 of 7
SpaceTheory
Aspirant

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I cant get the model number right now, but I called the person who owns the main wifi connection, a.k.a my neighbor/sister in law and I dont know when she will be home but she said she will turn the wifi off amd back on again, would that also help?
Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

Are you connecting an extender to a router? Or whats going on exactly with your setup?   More details help. 

Message 4 of 7
SpaceTheory
Aspirant

I have no clue, I logged in to the router, or modem thing on my phone and turned off router mode
Message 5 of 7
plemans
Guru

If you don't have access to the device (physical access), wifi isn't broadcasting, and you don't have the option of an ethernet connection, you're kind of screwed until you do get one of those. Things that will help when you get those.

1. Model number:

2. Firmware on it:

3. the setup. aka modem---router--extender    or modem---router  or    modem/router combo device

4. what app? 

Once you get access, what you've tried to get it working. 

Message 6 of 7
SpaceTheory
Aspirant

I think I need to wait till my neighbor gets home 😞 but other than that thanks for letting me know on what to do, until then I will have to most likely wait for it to be turned off and back on again...again thanks
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7