× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I am constantly having issues with my EX7500

testing1234
Aspirant

I am constantly having issues with my EX7500

I have a router from Fios that I have put in bridge mode and I have the Nighthawk R7800 plugged into the the bridged router.  Both of these routers are in my room on one end of the house. So I purchased the EX7500 to extend connection to the upstairs. If you look at the image that I attached it is currently at the blue box. It used to be at the orange box location. The red box is the nighthawk and the bridged router. This EX7500 is having difficultly because my sister is trying to game but it is constantly D/Cing. Hey maybe I have over looked at my routers settings and maybe I need to turn off the smart connect on the router and the extender and set up a wifi point under a different name for the EX7500. I am not sure what to do. Is there something I can buy that can help me out? Should I put tin foil behind my router? Any advice is greatly appreciated. I was also looking at EX7700, EX8000, EAX20 and EAX80.

Model: EX7500|AC2200 Nighthawk X4S Tri Band WiFi Mesh Extender, R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: I am constantly having issues with my EX7500

what is your house made of? your distance isnt that far so I'm wondering what material it is. 

Message 2 of 4
testing1234
Aspirant

It is made of wood and sheetrock.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

I'd move the extender back to where it was. Then hardwire into it and check the speeds at that location. 

You can also try changing the wifi channel. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7