× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I bought Eax80 speed is capped at 90mbps

Befreak
Aspirant

I bought Eax80 speed is capped at 90mbps

Does anyone know why when I installed my eax80 as an access point my Internet speed 400 mbps and after a couple of days is limited to 90mbps. I have tried downgraded to another version of the firmware also, I have tried to factory reset it. I have tried to contact customer service for Netgear but after three months that they don’t help you at all and every time I’m downgrade the firmware it starts at 400mbps and then after a couples of days goes back to being limited.
Message 1 of 7
Befreak
Aspirant

Re: I bought Eax80 speed is capped at 90mbps

I want to mention the I have check the cat6 cable and is brand new and in perfect condition and the internet coming from the provider is coming at 960mbps steady
Message 2 of 7

@Befreak wrote:
Does anyone know why when I installed my eax80 as an access point my Internet speed 400 mbps and after a couple of days is limited to 90mbps.

Can you tell us a but more about your setup?

This Eax80 is in access point (wired to the router) mode? Or as a wifi repeater?

What is it connected to? The router? Modem?

Message 3 of 7
plemans
Guru

What modem/router is it connected to? 

are you testing speeds wired or wireless?

have you tried other devices?

Even though the cable seems fine, have you tried a different one? 

is the eax connected to the router using one cable or is there cabling in the walls it connects through? 

Message 4 of 7
Befreak
Aspirant

The EAx80 is connected via wired to my router XR500 nighthawk which is connected to my modem also netgear. I also have my pc connected to This router directly which is how I know the speed from the provider is coming like it supposed to. Also notice that I have downgraded to different version of the firmware and the first 2 days the speed is top notch 400mbps after that is go down to 90mbps. This is speed tested via wireless connection
Message 5 of 7
Befreak
Aspirant

Yes the wired is connected through the walls but also try the cable outside wall as well. Also 2 different cable were use to test it and the modem is CM1200 by netgear. I have test the speed connected to modem directly and is fine. Then I try the both wireless and wired to the router XR500 both wire and wireless also doing ok. The one limited is EAX80 via wireless
Message 6 of 7
plemans
Guru

@Befreak wrote:
Yes the wired is connected through the walls but also try the cable outside wall as well. Also 2 different cable were use to test it and the modem is CM1200 by netgear. I have test the speed connected to modem directly and is fine. Then I try the both wireless and wired to the router XR500 both wire and wireless also doing ok. The one limited is EAX80 via wireless

to rule out issues, take the EAX80 and directly connect it to the XR500 using a short 6ft (ish) cable and have it run for a period of time. Many times I've found cables/jacks that will work sometimes at gigabit and other at 10/100mbps. It could be a loose/sketchy connection as some devices are more sensitive to this then others. Its why its worth directly wiring it to the router and running it for long enough to rule out/in the extender. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7