× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I can't access the my wifiext.net or 192.168.1.250  to login to the extender?

mystique32
Follower

I can't access the my wifiext.net or 192.168.1.250  to login to the extender?

I can't access the my wifi ext.net or 192.168.1.250  to login to the extender.  I've tried Internet Explorer, I've tried Chrome, I've tried Firefox.  Every single time I get a "The Connection Has Timed Out" or something error.

I currently have a Netgear Extender WN3000RPv3 (from my old property and computer router setup) that I am trying to pair with a new D-Link AX5400 Mesh WiFi 6 router (at a new properrty).

The new router does not appear to have a WPS button on the front or back that I can see, so I was trying to log in as admin to the netgear page to set it up manually. But I cannot log in and I am frustratingly going around in circles.

Can anyone please tell me if they are compatible and if I can do this? I have spoken to D-link and they have advised that I can do it but I will have to do it on the Neatgear page.

Please help if you know what I am doing wrong 😞 

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: I can't access the my wifiext.net or 192.168.1.250  to login to the extender?

First try factory resetting the device. 

Push and hold reset for 7-15 seconds while its powered on. 

Maybe it has old settings causing issues .

then try connecting to the netgear_ext via wifi or hardwiring in. that should get you connected to the extender where you can go through setup. 

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7