× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

One more step to do Re: If that does not work then this might work to connect www.mywifiext.net

diva4361
Follower

I can’t access www.mywifiext.net; what do I do?

I know this seems really tricky, but even though it took me a bit, I got it. What I did was plugged the extender into an outlet close to the router. Then I connected the extender to my computer via an ethernet cord. I waited for the power light to turn green, then I hit the WPS button. After  a minute or two, the web page popped up, and I just followed the directions. Now this may not work for everyone, but that's how I got connected.

Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 4
hpw2408
Apprentice

If that does not work then this might work to connect www.mywifiext.net

I tried hooking the extender by ethernet cable to my network and that would not work to get to www.mywifiext.net. I was going to bring it in this room and hook it straight to the computer  when this idea hit me.

Part of the troubleshooting had been to make a static IP address from the router to the extender which has a built in IP address of 192.168.1.250.

I looked by logging into the Netgear Router (not the extender) and looked at "attached devices". It showed that the router had given the extender an address of 192.168.1.3. I then put in 192.168.1.3 into the browser address bar and it took me right to the network extender web page interface.

Then I updated the firmware and the extender restarted and then the browser did not see the extender. I had to then use www.mywifext.net to get to the web page of the extender. Looking at the attached devices in the router showed that now the extender had the address of 192.168.1.250. So it should work fine in the future or if it doesn't then I will just see what the address is of the device and put in the browser address bar.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 4
hpw2408
Apprentice

One more step to do Re: If that does not work then this might work to connect www.mywifiext.net

After my router rebooted I could not get to the extender page. I checked the router and it had given the extender an address of 192.168.1.2

I then put that number in my browser and accessed the extender. Then I went into Settings of the extender and gave it a static address of 192.168.1.250.

So the static address is set on the extender and NOT as a reserved address on the router.

This is similar to the way that I had to set a static address on my HP OfficeJet.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 3 of 4
stjannifer
Aspirant

Re: I can’t access www.mywifiext.net; what do I do?

hii Friend...

some times its happen we r unable to open www.mywifiext.net .

Here Is 3 Most Common Mistake People do While Accessing http://mywifiext.net 

1. Most of the People Type http://mywifiext.net  In Search Bar Instead of  URL Bar. Please Type the web address at the top of your Internet Browser While Installing Netgear extender.
  2. Always Use a Device With Full Browsers Like Chrome, Firefox Or Safari.  As A Device We recommend You to Use the computer if you have.
  3. Please Make Sure You Are Connected with Netgear Range Extender While Accessing http://mywifiext.net  Connect The Extender First with Your Computer using cable Or Wireless Connection.

more information checkout Mywifiext

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7