× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I have never had so many disconnections than with the R7000.

kcole
Follower

I have never had so many disconnections than with the R7000.

It seems that my R7000 will disconnect every 5 minutes when under any menial load. I can sit around on Reddit for an hour and never have a peep out of it; however, as soon as I begin playing a game, it persistently disconnects every 5 minute.

We have less than 20 devices on our Wifi and it is advertised to handle much more. I’ve done factory resets and more, but it appears there’s nothing else other people recommend in hopes of fixing this.
Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
N6AC
Apprentice

Re: I have never had so many disconnections than with the R7000.

You did not mention what firmware version you are using.

I just reverted from V1.0.9.64_10.2.64 to V1.0.9.60_10.2.60 for what sounds like the exact same problem –

about 25 devices in the house, give or take – with .64 it kept dropping wifi device (Brother printer, IP cameras, iPad ...)

After about a week of that nonsense I reverted and hope it will once again be stable.

One reason I had 'upgraded' was because the <NTP> time server fetching had quit working, I was hoping the firmware update would fix that.

Maybe that problem will return ... sigh. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7