× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: I just bought & installed the r7000, but streaming speed is slow. Would getting a ex7000 impr...

penguinlord
Follower

I just bought & installed the r7000, but streaming speed is slow. Would getting a ex7000 improve it?

I installed the r7000 in access point, so my computer is using the ethernet cable --- that's running smoothly. If I were to use Wifi on my computer -- that would run smoothly as well. But my wifi on my iPhone, tablets etc.... they're incredibily slow. Mostly streaming speed, but definitely loading time as well -- it's not what I expected. Would getting the ex7000 improve wifi speed for my iPhones and other devices? Sorry, relatively new at all this, much help is needed. 

Also, Wifi Bars on my iPhone are full bars, but the phone signal is kind of bad, but it's never affected my previous wifi before...

Thank you in advance. 

Message 1 of 2
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: I just bought & installed the r7000, but streaming speed is slow. Would getting a ex7000 impr...

Hello penguinlord

Make sure you are on the latest firmware for the R7000 also you may want to try and adjust the wireless channel on the R7000 you could be getting interference from other wifi in the area or home appliances.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7