× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I now have two networks and must switch continuously

ClemRob
Follower

I now have two networks and must switch continuously

I installed the N300 / EX2700 wifi range extender. The installation created a new wifi network. All my stuff connects to the new network, but this seems only to apply to the extender itself. I mean: when I'm near the original router, and far from the extender, the connection with the extender network is (obviously) bad, and I have to switch back to the original network. This constant switching is extremely impractical. Can I somehow integrate the router into the new network?

Model: WN3000RPv2|N300 WIFI Range Extender
Message 1 of 2
TheEther
Guru

Re: I now have two networks and must switch continuously

1. You can try changing the extender to broadcast the same SSID as the main router. This may encourage some devices to switch connections more readily. Note: Some extenders may not be able to broadcast the same SSID.
  2. The extender may be too close to the router, so try moving it farther away. This will reduce the overlap of the two Wi-Fi signals and may encourage devices to switch when they are near the router.
Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7