× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

I want to extend my Wifi signal

GTCG
Aspirant

I want to extend my Wifi signal

Hello everyone!

First of all, I'm sorry if I posted my question to the wrong forum. I don't know where my question belongs.

I recently bought a Netgear WAC 104 which I want to use to extend my wireless signal.

My network setup is as follows:

My house has 2 floors. On the first floor I have access to my WIFI via my router. On the second floor I have my WAC104 in my room (with my PC and laptop connected to it), which is connected to my router. I would like the WAC104 to pick up the wireless signal from my router and extend it, so I have access to the SAME WIFI on the 2nd floor as well. I already found how to access the WAC104 but I don't know what settings I have to change so I can get this done.

Is there an easy way to do this? I'm fairly new to this and I don't want to break things 🙂

Thanks!

Thomas

Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
GTCG
Aspirant

Re: I want to extend my Wifi signal

I resolved the issue. All I had to do was creating a Wireless network in the WAC which had the same name as the Wireless network I had set in my router.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
GTCG
Aspirant

Re: I want to extend my Wifi signal

I resolved the issue. All I had to do was creating a Wireless network in the WAC which had the same name as the Wireless network I had set in my router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7