× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Incompetent Netgear Support

crispy3
Guide

Incompetent Netgear Support

I'm having issues getting support for my Netgear products.  They said they have escalated my case to "higher level techs" and asked for another day to look into it.  That was last weekend.  I have followed up on my support ticket multiple times now and cannot get a response from them.  The community support was helpful (at least one person), but it seems like a bug within Netgear products so I'm in need of actual support from Netgear.  I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do here.  I've never had a company of this size straight up ignore support requests, and repeated requests for them to actually follow up on support tickets.

Has anyone had similar issues?  Are there any tricks or tips to getting product support from this company?  I think I will return the extender I recently purchased, but unfortunately my router which I paid hundreds of dollars for is past the return period.  Their products are not working as advertised and they seem to be refusing to support them or provide responses, much less resolutions.   I would like to get my money back from the router as well.  Without the support I need, I will have to spend hundreds more dollars on a system that actually works and provides the features it advertises, which I need (and most definitely will be from a different company, not Netgear). 

This is such a disappointment in both Netgear's products as well as their customer service.

Message 1 of 5
crispy3
Guide

So after waiting over 10 days to get a response after being told they needed a day, and being ignored for multiple requests for a status update, I got a generic response to try to update my firmware.  This changed absolutely nothing regarding my issue.  I had already updated to the latest firmware per the router (said it was up to date), but apparently that is a bug as well, because there was one patch version ahead of me available which I manually downloaded and installed.

I immediately told support that nothing changed with the updated firmware.  Their response was to ask for my PERMISSION to send the ticket to a higher level tech.  You need my permission in order to try and get someone who can actually solve my issue?  The issue I opened a ticket for and asked you to solve?  Send the ticket to the CEO of Netgear for all I care, don't further delay the process by waiting for my permission to solve my issue.  That's absolutely rediculous, but I guess I shouldn't expect anything less. 

So now we're almost 2 weeks in and hopefully they're trying to track down someone who can make my home network actually work.  Great.  I'm not going to hold my breath.  I fully expect to not get a response for another week, at which time I will get another generic and useless tid bit.  

Message 2 of 5
bacevedo
Community Manager

Do you have your support ticket number. I can look into this.

B

Message 3 of 5
crispy3
Guide

As expected I have not received any further responses from Netgear.

Message 4 of 5
bacevedo
Community Manager

Thanks. I'll follow up with support.

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7