× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Incorrect Password when attempting to connect EX6150 to Netgear Access Point (WAX630)

Amroth
Initiate

Incorrect Password when attempting to connect EX6150 to Netgear Access Point (WAX630)

I am trying to connect my new WiFi extender to my existing WiFi being broadcasted from my Access Point. I have gone through the WebUI and the default IP of 192.168.1.250. I connect to the NETGEAR_EXT and follow through with the set up instructions and everytime I get to the part where I select which networks I want to extend, I put in the password for the WiFi network and it returns back with Incorrect Password. I know I am entering the correct password because I am looking right at it on the Access Point local config page. It's driving me nuts because I know my WiFi password is correct and it keeps coming back Incorrect. I have attempted a factory reset 2x and still same result. My organization uses Spectrum for ISP services. The cable modem model # is EN2251 and the WiFi Router model is RAC2V1S. If anyone has any suggestions or help I would appreciate it. Thanks

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Incorrect Password when attempting to connect EX6150 to Netgear Access Point (WAX630)

I've seen a ton of posts on that router with issues. 

You can try setting up via the WPS method but if the administration assistant isn't work, I'd doubt wps will. 

If you search google for that router +extender, you see a ton of issues. 

Wish I had better news for you.

If you're renting it, I'd ask for a different router. 

Message 2 of 3
Amroth
Initiate

Re: Incorrect Password when attempting to connect EX6150 to Netgear Access Point (WAX630)

Doing some research now on issues with the spectrum router. Thank you for responding and giving me some insight on the issue. You weren't playing around when you said there are lots of issues with that router. That has to be the issue because I can see the NETGEAR_EXT network, I can connect to it, but the connection properties say "Connected, no internet". I can't set it up via the Nighthawk App, the web mgmt page, connected via ethernet to laptop, no matter how many times I reset the extender or try to connect it to my access point, I get the wrong password message everytime. So I think its time to come up with a different solution.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7