× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Incorrect passwords ex2700

MsIbiza
Follower

Incorrect passwords ex2700

My extender was working perfectly but then it started buffering every few seconds all of a sudden.

So I did a lot of googling amd did a few things but nothing worked so last resort was to re set the Netgear WiFi extender box to factory setting.

When I rebooted the WiFi extender it looked like everything was working again but then when we logged into our phones it kept asking for passwords and saying it was incorrect when it was correct. Then the iPad started saying the same messages.

When I plug the WiFi extender out, all phone passwords are normal again and all log in no problem.

I just don’t get why it’s saying incorrect passwords when the extender is plugged in and not when plugged out.

WPS is enabled and when registering on Netgear it asked did I want the same WiFi password as the main router and I said yes.

I’ve done everything at that stage, turned all off at mains for 5 mins, reboot main router, factory settings again for extender just in case I missed something.

Has anyone had this experience ? I’m not very techie so if you have experienced this can you explain simple terms 😉
Model: EX2700|N300 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 2
Kirpa
Aspirant

Re: Incorrect passwords ex2700

Sheesh!  Quick question: I actually enetered the wrond password for connecting to my WIFI and am now stuck in a loop and don't know how to correct my mistake.  Is the only way to fix this to reset the factory settings? (I am new here and really not tech savvy so I hope I can locate the answer when I sign in again)

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series