× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Initial set up Nighthawk X 4

Osk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Initial set up Nighthawk X 4

I recently purchased the Nighthawk X4 AC2200. I went through the set up instruction multiple times. On the extender all the lights are green including the Client light LED. But trying to connect to the devices, the NETGEAR_EXT does not appear on the list of WIFI network options.

Any suggestions? I supposedly have 90 days of support from Netgear, but it's impossible to contact the support department.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: Initial set up Nighthawk X 4

1. to contact support, you need to go to the top of the page "mynetgear" register and account and your device. Then there's options for support including contacting them when you go through the options.

2. You don't put what router you're connecting to. If you go to the attached devices page of the router (or the equivelent), can you see the extender? If so, log into it via the IP address. if you can log into it, its attached to the router. You'll be able to view the wireless name and change it from there as well.

3. Another thing you can try to do it hardwire into the extender (attach computer via ethernet to extender). Does it work? If so, its connected fine and working and you just need to figure out the wireless. go to the mywifiext.net and login. AGain from here you'll be able to see wireless name and other info. 

Nighthawk X4 AC2200 isn't a model number but I'm assuming you mean the EX7300. 

Here's the support page for your device. There's different versions so choose your version.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7300

What firmware are you running on it?

Router you're connecting to and firmware on it?:

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
plemans
Guru

1. to contact support, you need to go to the top of the page "mynetgear" register and account and your device. Then there's options for support including contacting them when you go through the options.

2. You don't put what router you're connecting to. If you go to the attached devices page of the router (or the equivelent), can you see the extender? If so, log into it via the IP address. if you can log into it, its attached to the router. You'll be able to view the wireless name and change it from there as well.

3. Another thing you can try to do it hardwire into the extender (attach computer via ethernet to extender). Does it work? If so, its connected fine and working and you just need to figure out the wireless. go to the mywifiext.net and login. AGain from here you'll be able to see wireless name and other info. 

Nighthawk X4 AC2200 isn't a model number but I'm assuming you mean the EX7300. 

Here's the support page for your device. There's different versions so choose your version.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX7300

What firmware are you running on it?

Router you're connecting to and firmware on it?:

Message 2 of 3
Osk
Aspirant
Aspirant

Thank you for the message. I was able to set it up

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats