× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Install Prob Nighthawk AC1900 Model ex7000 Range Extender

GicleePrinter
Aspirant

Install Prob Nighthawk AC1900 Model ex7000 Range Extender

Router does not have WPS button....install process ok until need to connect to extender.  Connects ok (Dvc-to-Ext LED solid green) but go to website to do setup - website says not connected to extender's WiFi network. Install process halted right here, don't know what to try next.  WiFi shows:   Netgear_Ext   'No Internet, open'.

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 5
GicleePrinter
Aspirant

(GicleePrinter here again)... thought it might help to provide additional information. Windows 10 system, existing WiFi working for long time. Need to extend range, so installing the extender.  Here are the instructions to install, and results:

1. Connect pc to ex7000.  Done. (wireless connection). Dvc-toExt LED solid green.

2. Open a browser.  Done.  Google Chrome.

3. Enter www.mywifiext.net.  Done. But the Netgear site does not display NEW EXTENDER SETUP button. The site says 'you are not connected to your elxtender's WiFi network.'

In Wndows Explorer, under 'Network', can see EX7000 (Gateway).  If rt-click & select 'View device webpage' it goes to error "404 Not Found."  If go to Properties, is shows device webpage http://192.168.1.250:5000/upnp.gif... click on it... goes to same "303 Not Found."

Any idea what to try next?  Any additional information that I need to provide?

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 2 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello GicleePrinter, 

Please refer to the following article : https://kb.netgear.com/29746/I-can-t-access-www-mywifiext-net-what-do-I-do

~Christian 

Message 3 of 5
GicleePrinter
Aspirant

Thanks, Christian... 

Last night I worked with Live Chat and we resolved the issue.  Never could get to the ext setup site from the pc, but did it from my iphone and after going through the setup procedure everything worked.  I tried to find my post to tell everyone it is fixed, but couldn't find it until I got your email.  My suggestion (already given via the chat critique): if unable to access the setup site, try accessing it via smart phone... once on the ext setup site the rest was pretty easy.

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi GicleePrinter, 

Thanks for providing an update on the status of your issue. Also, thank you for the suggestion! I'm sure it may help others who may experience the same issue. 

Have a great weekend!

Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7