× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Install after factory reset - won't stay connected

daytooner
Tutor

Install after factory reset - won't stay connected

I've had my extender for quite awhile - a year or more. I had it set up and connected it to my Netgear wndr3700 router and all ran fine, until now.

Nothing can connect to it, and I can't access it through the web browser. I recycled power, and reset the extender to its factory defaults (several times), but only the power led is lit, and it is amber. The wireless connection will appear briefly. Then goes 0. At that time, the power led goes green, but goes back to amber.

I tried to connect directly via lan port, but the computer, when it gets a dhcp setting (if it ever does), loses it after a few seconds, just like the wireless. Although the port led does show up.

I did try using WPS, but that failed as well - pretty much the same symptions.

Is the extender dead?

I've already spent a day trying to solve this, and don't want to waste any more time. I'll lay out the cash for another extender, but I want to make sure this one is really dead.

Any help greatly appreciated.

TIA

ken
Message 1 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Re: Install after factory reset - won't stay connected

disable your WIFI on your pc if exist and try again
Message 2 of 5
daytooner
Tutor

jmizoguchi wrote:
disable your WIFI on your pc if exist and try again

This is actually the same problem as in this thread: http://forum1.netgear.com/showthread.php?t=85994. It didn't show up in the search results, and I just noticed it.

I sent a question into support for this. But, looking at the posts in that thread, nobody there knows what's going on. I would redirect people to that thread.

ken
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Did you try with WIFI on pc disable if you have one ?
Message 4 of 5
daytooner
Tutor

jmizoguchi wrote:
Did you try with WIFI on pc disable if you have one ?

Yes. I tried every possible combination one could think of.

Read my post (as well as all of the other posts) in the thread I mentioned above . That will describe the problem more thoroughly.

ken
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7