× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Installation of Extender

danielRibeiro
Follower

Installation of Extender

Good Day,

Spoiler

I am trying to install the Netgear extender wn2000rpt to my Netgear router dgnd4000.

I can get them to connect if I turn off all my security including connection password on my router.

But I cannot do this as my extender is in an office cottage in the back and I still need the actual Router to have security control for those in the house connecting directly to it inside the house.

Please advise if this is some setting or something. Have tried the WPS Button option, but that did not work because once I turn the security on the router back on, the extender no longer sees it.

Please advise urgenlty.

Thanks

Daniel

Message 1 of 2
nhann
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Installation of Extender

Hi danielRibeiro,

Please confirm that the DGND4000 is running the latest firmware:
http://support.netgear.com/product/DGND4000

Reset the WN2000RPT back to factory default:
Insert a straightened paper clip into the hole of the Restore Factory Settings button and hold it for about seven seconds.

Release the button.The extender resets and restarts. This process takes about one minute.

Please place the WN2000RPT next to the DGND4000 and check if the extender is able to detect the router's network.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7