× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Internet booster

susie87
Aspirant

Internet booster

Hello all, I am a bit of a technophobe, sorry! I have at my house internet via a 4g box, I need internet in a barn roughly 100m away. There are two fields between the two places and just one tree in the way. The barn can get very cold, down to -2 at its coldest.

I have tried several products but cannot get anything to work, but remember I know diddly! So what product do you suggest? 

Many thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 8
plemans
Guru

Re: Internet booster

Probably a point-point system. Netgear doesn't have one. 

Search amazon/google for point to point wireless bridge.

Unless you plan on hard wiring something, a wireless bridge is probably the only thing thats going to reach that far. Even ethernet maxes out at around that 100m. 

Message 2 of 8
susie87
Aspirant

Thank you for your reply, I tried one but couldn't get it to work! I even had someone that knows what they are doing helping me and even he couldnt get to to work! We thought it might be as the signal is coming from a 4g box and not a 'normal' router??? 

Thanks again

Message 3 of 8
plemans
Guru

@susie87 wrote:

Thank you for your reply, I tried one but couldn't get it to work! I even had someone that knows what they are doing helping me and even he couldnt get to to work! We thought it might be as the signal is coming from a 4g box and not a 'normal' router??? 

Thanks again

This makes zero sense after what your wrote and I replied.

You tried what? Setting up a point-to-point system? running a hardwired connection? What exactly didn't work?

And if it was the hardwired connection, it was probably because of the distance. 100m is pretty much the max for ethernet and if the cable's cheap, cheap ethernet setup, or any other misc factors, its probably not going to make it. 

Message 4 of 8
susie87
Aspirant

The point to point system didn't work, I still had no internet in the barn. 

Message 5 of 8
plemans
Guru

Which system
Message 6 of 8
susie87
Aspirant

KUWFI 450mbps. Off Amazon
Message 7 of 8
plemans
Guru

So you have a point to point system that you purchased off amazon. did you contact the manufacturer with help setting it up? From lookup up the specs, it theoretically should work fine as its range is well within what its rated for. 

I'm not sure what netgear can do for you. You don't seem to have any netgear products and the point -point system isn Kuwfi

Message 8 of 8
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7