× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Internet connection on wn3000rp

pamd0524
Follower

Internet connection on wn3000rp

I installed the WN3000RP range extender & connected it to my wireless network using Option 2 in instruction manual. I can now connect to that network & have all green lights on the extender. However I cannot connect to the internet on that network. Please help!!!
Message 1 of 5
Brian_S
Aspirant

I have encountered a similar problem...however I did managed at an early stage to get an internet connection, used it all quite well for about 30 minutes...then lost the connection and since than cannot get to the internet when trying via the Repeater wifi network. No matter how often I repeat the proces, all seems ok but then it cannot find the internet and messes up the main wi fi connection...some sort of conflict going on. At one stage I got an error message form windows about an IP address conflict...but have checked (as far as I ca) and dont see any duplicated IP addresses.
Message 2 of 5
Dap4583
Aspirant

pamd0524 wrote:
I installed the WN3000RP range extender & connected it to my wireless network using Option 2 in instruction manual. I can now connect to that network & have all green lights on the extender. However I cannot connect to the internet on that network. Please help!!!

I have the exact same issue. Connecting to a Verizon supplied router.

Please help
Message 3 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

pamd0524 wrote:

Make sure your using WPA2 and make sure the computer is getting the IP from the main router and/or DHCP server.

if IP shows correctly but no internet then try using google DNS on PC side and test out
Message 4 of 5
Dap4583
Aspirant

You need to have both routers using WPA2. This means in some cases re-connecting the various wifi devices around your house. It would be really really helpful if this was in the user guide pamphlet. Dave
Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7