× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Is it possible to daisy chain mesh extenders

Voyager72
Aspirant

Is it possible to daisy chain mesh extenders

I'm not sure that it is possible, as I'm reading contradicting messages in the forum. Can anyone from the user community or Netgear either confirm or deny the possibility of creating a mesh network with these mesh extenders or is it simply a marketing gimmick because of the "one wifi" feature?

- star topology (each extender repeating the primary router) - simplest case and I'm assuming this is possible

- daisy chain topology, i.e. a mesh repeater repeating another mesh repeater repeating the primary router

- hybrid / dynamic reconfiguration - combination of the two above plus dynamic reconfiguration based on environmental conditions

Feedback welcome!

Model: EX8000|AC3000 Nighthawk X6S Tri Band WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Is it possible to daisy chain mesh extenders

Hi @Voyager72,

Welcome to the community!

Our mesh extenders do support daisy chain. But, it is very strict that if the 2nd extender still detects the router, it will still connect to the router.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
DexterJB
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Is it possible to daisy chain mesh extenders

Hi @Voyager72,

Welcome to the community!

Our mesh extenders do support daisy chain. But, it is very strict that if the 2nd extender still detects the router, it will still connect to the router.

Regards,

Dexter

Community Team

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7