× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Is it possible to daisy chain two EX7000s and an R7000 with Cat6?

hsbridge
Tutor

Is it possible to daisy chain two EX7000s and an R7000 with Cat6?

I'm attempting to extend a Cox cable network from our main house (currently using a wireless R7000) to two outbuildings. I've tried using an EX7000 as a wireless range extender and found the signal strength isn't sufficient especially to the second building which is further away than the first.  We could run Cat6 wire from the R7000 router in the main house underground to the first building, connect to an EX7000 set as an access point and then run another length of Cat6 cable underground to the second building to a second EX7000 set as a access point.  I wondered if this would work or I'd appreciate any thoughts or ideas for another solution.

Thanks,

Helen

Model: EX7000|AC1900 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
TheEther
Guru

Since the daisy chains are wired then, yes, this should work.  What is not recommended is to wirelessly connect one EX7000 to another EX7000.

Message 2 of 3
hsbridge
Tutor

Thank you,TheEther, for your positive response.  I just wanted to follow up to say that the hard-wired daisy chain of two Ex7000s and the R7000 described in my earlier message worked like a charm and we're very happy with the results.  I appreciate your help.

Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7