× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Issues with FTP (WNDR3400v2)

d_max
Aspirant

Issues with FTP (WNDR3400v2)

Hi all! I got a DCS-931L D-Link IP camera and it does not work with the FTP of my WNDR3400v2 (with latest firmware V1.0.0.38_1.0.61). I already tried to solve the issue with them but from their side everything is ok, so it must be an issue with how the WNDR3400v2 manage the FTP service. Any thoughts or help will be truly appreciated!

D. Max
Message 1 of 5
fordem
Mentor

Re: Issues with FTP (WNDR3400v2)

Have you configured the ftp server and created the appropriate ftp user & passwords? Have you tested the ftp server and confirmed that you can "put" files using an ftp client? Have you configured the D-Link camera to use the appropriate ftp user & passwords? From the questions above you should realize that both the ftp server side & the camera side have to be configured to match one another - when you can answer yes to the second question is when you know the router/ftp side is working. There's actually no way D-Link can tell you their side is OK until the camera has successfully stored an image - if not on the WNDR3400, on another ftp server - that is the point at which it has been proven functional.
Message 2 of 5
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Proper section for this router is here
http://forum1.netgear.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32

FYI ..... Your next new thread should go able...
Message 3 of 5
d_max
Aspirant

fordem,

First of all, thanks for your reply! Ive created users with passwords, FTP folders with passwords and without passwords, Ive put files using FileZilla in the FTP folders, Ive tried all the different configurations in the camera that you might think as possibles. I think that the issue is related to the router, I found another user that is dealing with the same issue, look what he wrote on 11-08-13:

I connected this camera to a Netgear WNDR3400v2 router and it works fine, I have not been able to use the FTP functionality since the Netgear has a weird implementation of the protocol and it delivers a 230 message type when connected instead of a 220 message, so the camera thinks it is not connected. I sent a note to Netgear and I will update this post if they answer.
Source:
http://www.amazon.com/D-Link-Wireless-Surveillance-mydlink-Enabled-DCS-931L/product-reviews/B00C9KOWA8?pageNumber=12

If anyone have more information on this issue, please let me know. Thanks in advance!

D. Max

fordem wrote:
Have you configured the ftp server and created the appropriate ftp user & passwords?
Have you tested the ftp server and confirmed that you can "put" files using an ftp client?
Have you configured the D-Link camera to use the appropriate ftp user & passwords?

From the questions above you should realize that both the ftp server side & the camera side have to be configured to match one another - when you can answer yes to the second question is when you know the router/ftp side is working.

There's actually no way D-Link can tell you their side is OK until the camera has successfully stored an image - if not on the WNDR3400, on another ftp server - that is the point at which it has been proven functional.
Message 4 of 5
fordem
Mentor

I want to remind you of my earlier comment on D-Link not being able to say that their end is OK... 230 - translates to - User logged in, proceed. Compare that to... 220 - translates to - Service ready for new user Depending on whose documentation you're reading the text will vary slightly but the general consensus is that a 230 will be returned on a successful log-in so I would think that if the camera is expecting a 220 on successful connection that D-Link is the one who needs to take corrective action. ftp commands are sent in "clear text" so you can use wireshark to snoop on the link and see exactly what the camera sends and how the router responds.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7