× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Join "NETWORK NAME" window keeps popping up and not providing me any WiFi connexion

Ninjap
Initiate

Join "NETWORK NAME" window keeps popping up and not providing me any WiFi connexion

First of all, I couldn't find the exact product in the list provided by Netgear.
My extender is a AC1200 Universal
pass through WIFI Range Extender.

Second, I work on a Macbook pro 2017. The NetGear windows keeps popping up, asking me to enter Username and Password. The click on the ENTER button does not seem work, or only randomly if I click several times on it (I don't have keyboard issues).
The real problem is that it keeps popping up all the time, and does not allow me any internet access.

Since yesterday the extender worked fine most of the time. The Wifi source is upstairs, in my landlord's office, and I can't access to it with the current confinement in France.

So I am basically stuck Without internet and this window popping up all the time prevents me from typing !

I bought this extender for a reason, which is I need internet to complete my work! And I am running after time currently.

Can anyone help me ? There must be an explanation for this...

Many thanks ! Nina
🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻
Model: WN3100RP|Universal Passthrough WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
Obi-La
Guide

Re: Join "NETWORK NAME" window keeps popping up and not providing me any WiFi connexion

Netgear window?  Do you have Netgear software installed that is doing this?  No need to have their software installed except for ez installation when you first get it.

Try going up to the MacOS WiFi icon up at the top of your screen near the clock.  Click on it and go down and click on network preferences, another window will open, make sure Wi-Fi is highlighted in the box on the left in that window.  Click Advanced and you'll see a history list of all the Wi-Fi connections you've made in the past unless you've previously cleaned some out.

Probably a good idea to clean out the ones you don't think you'll ever use again by selecting each one and hitting the - symbol to remove each.  

Also, remove the one you're having problems with and hit ok when done with removing. 

Then go back to the Wi-Fi icon at the top and look at the list of connections available and select the extender, enter the password and rejoin it. 

Good luck, we all need need a good internet connection these days

Message 2 of 3
Ninjap
Initiate

Hey Obi-La

Thank you heaps for the quick answer! Actually the WiFi restarted by itself... I just went through the steps you described and did a quick cleaning of my list of connexions, thank you this might be helpful for the future ! Also, one thing I did with the extender is I unplugged it to find its model. This might have eventually sorted the problem also... The mystery will remain, but glad to see I could get such a prompt support from others ! Yes, let's stay safe ! Take care, and thanks again I'm a happy surfer again 🙂

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7