× NETGEAR is aware of a growing number of phone and online scams. To learn how to stay safe click here.
× Introducing the new Orbi 770 Series Mesh System. To learn more click here.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Keep getting wrong password error message

MikeJPCain
Aspirant

Keep getting wrong password error message

Model: EX3700|AC750 WiFi Range Extender Essentials Edition
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Maybe you do?

Its hard to tell with such limited info.

What router are you trying to connect to?

What firmware is on your extender?

How did you try to do the setup? Via wps or the smart connection wizard?

What are the led's on the extender doing? color/blinking/solid/etc. be specific. 

Its tough to help with minimal info. the more info you provide us the better we can help you. We can't see your setup or what you're doing so describe exactly whats going on, what you've tried, etc. 

The support site for your device has a lot of good info such as troubleshooting, video walk throughs of smart connect and wps, manuals, and firmware. its a great resourse.

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/EX3700.aspx 

Message 2 of 4
MikeJPCain
Aspirant

Hi, I am trying to connect the NETGEAR EX3700 range extender to my Technicolor TG588v v2 router . When I open settings on my iPad it is showing that the extender is recognised .... 2/5gext is showing, but when I put in my router password I get the error message. I am trying to link via wps. The leds are green and solid. Sorry don’t know what firmware is.
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the wps doesn't always work. 

Try using the smart connection wizard. it demonstrates how on the support page I linked to. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi 770 Series