× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Lan port in EX6150 disconnects once in a while

RutgerOK
Aspirant

Lan port in EX6150 disconnects once in a while

Hi, I just bought the same range extender as we have got already (EX6150) because it is working flawlessly. Never had any troubles with the connection dropping or disconnecting with WiFi before.

However, now the trouble starts: I bought the 2nd EX6150 so I could plug it into my PS4 with a LAN cable for better performance. This one acts as a range extender which is not far away from the router. (It sends out both WiFi and internet through cable)

Quite sometimes the connection drops for like 1 minute and my PS4 disconnects, which is very annoying while gaming. When I connect my PS4 to the extender again it works without problems.

Thing is, when I use the WiFi instead of cable to the PS4 there's no problems. Just when I plug in the cable these problems show.

I have already:

- Updated the firmware

- Reset the extender

Thanks in advance.

Model: EX6150|AC1200 WiFi Range Extender
Message 1 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Did you make sure to connect both extenders to the routers wifi and not connect one to the other extender.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
RutgerOK
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply. That is exactly what I have done. The extender is connected through wifi. The access point is connected directly with a cable.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7