× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Limited Connectivity

bstaud64
Novice

Limited Connectivity

Hey the setup and everything worked fine and I did have internet access, but when I shut down my computer and restarted it my extender was at limited connectivity... So I restarted the initial setup and got internet, but once again when I shut down my computer and restart it it becomes limited once more! Very annoying! Please help... Why is the extender not "remembering" my wireless router?
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Limited Connectivity

I would contact support.
Message 2 of 6
glouisfr
Novice

Hey, just joined because of this problem - I spent nearly 2 days on this issue so far and it is getting so frustrated

I have 2 laptops and both work ok - both on windows 8.1 and both access the internet through my provider combo router (tv, phone, internet). but both show limited if I try to access my _ext network which is the one from the extender. :mad:

Already spent hours with one of their technicien who told me to exchange the extender - I did and guess what same problem so it is not the extender. it is something to do with windows 8 somewhere and netgear setup.

have a tp link extender so tried it and works fine but doesn't extend the signal far enough. so it is specific to netgear - so frustrating i can't find a solution - i'm sure it is a 2 min fix if only I and they knew what to do?

surely there has to be others with that same problem?
Message 3 of 6
glouisfr
Novice

by the way my old laptop which is not working for now as the power lead died on me which was on Windows 7 worked fine on both the wifi router network and the netgear extender wifi network

So it's got to be a windows 8 and netgear software issue- there must be a solution somewhere anyone ?
Message 4 of 6
tmdmick
Aspirant

I am having the same problem. I switch my cable modem to a new new for the DOCSIS update and now I am getting limited Internet access which keeps dropping on and off so I can't connect to any web page. Frustrating! We have Windows 8 also. I've tried all kinds of changes I found from a google search, this is my second day of trying to fix. Please let me know if you get fixed. Thanks
Message 5 of 6
storm_2003
Novice

Can you still connect to your main router's SSID and able to go online wirelessly?
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7